Where Urban Meets Rural
Explore Our Advantages
For The Residents of Elizabethtown-Kitley
This section of the website is a collection of the information most commonly sought by residents of the Township.
On This Page:
- Meetings & Events Calendar
- News & Notices
- 2014 Municipal Election
- Employment Opportunity
- Source Water Protection
- Bellamy Park
- Swimming Program
- Ball Parks and Conservation
- Open Burning
- Animal Control
- By-law Enforcement
- Public Library
- Waste Disposal Site & Garbage Pick-up
- Accessibility Standards
- Emergency Planning
- Performance Measures
- Water Quality Reports
Meetings & Events Calendar
- Click here to consult the Meetings & Events Calendar.
The Events Calendar will help you plan Council and Committee meeting times and dates, special events like Household Hazardous Waste Day etc.
- Click here to visit the News & Notices section of the website.
The News page will provide you with details about upcoming events, notices, and tenders.
- Click here for information on the 2014 Municipal Election.
This page will provide you with details about official results, reports and more.
- Click here to view the current job postings with the municipality.
- Click here for current information on recreational activities for seniors in the Township.
This page will provide you with details about the public meeting held to gather input on this topic.
- To learn more about source water protection in the Township and surrounding area, click here.
The Source Water Protection page provides information on sensitive groundwater issues and the importance of drinking water source protection, including common threats and what residents can do to help.
- To learn more about Bellamy Park, click here to visit the Park section of the website.
Located at 450 Lake Eloida Road, Toledo ON K0E 1Y0, Bellamy Park can be found on the shores of beautiful Bellamy Lake, just two miles west of Toledo. The Park operates from Victoria Day weekend through the end of September.
The park offers a variety of features and attractions to suit everyone in the family. Some of the park's many attractions include:
- 100 acres including large wooded areas
- sandy beach
- fishing on Bellamy Lake
- boat ramp for easy launching
- Blaine Healey Ball diamond
- horseshoe pits
- picnic tables
The camp sites are well spaced in quiet and peaceful surroundings. Sites feature electrical and water hook-ups. A dumping station is provided, and firewood is available.
- To learn more about the swimming programs that the Township offers, click here.
- To learn more about recreation programs and facilities, click here to visit the Recreation pages.
- Click here for information on open burning rules and regulations within the Township and how you can obtain permission to burn from the Fire Department.
- Click here to visit the Animal Control page.
Have a dog? Thinking of getting a dog? Wondering where to buy your dog tag? It's never too late to familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations that flow with dog ownership.
- Click here to visit the By-law Enforcement section of the website.
From dog tags to littering, by-law enforcement impacts our lives in many different ways. Use this section of the website to answer your general by-law questions, and follow the links to investigate areas of special interest.
- Click here to visit the Public Library page.
Are you a bookworm without a book? Searching for information? Need internet access? For this and more check out any one of the Township's three library branches. This section of the website contains library hours, lending policies and details about summer programs.
- Click here to view current and past issues of Spotlight on Elizabethtown-Kitley.
Spotlight on Elizabethtown-Kitley runs the last Saturday of each month in the Smiths Falls and St. Lawrence EMC and contains information about upcoming events, the latest news and more in and around the Township.
- Click here to learn more about Waste Disposal in Elizabethtown-Kitley.
Wondering what the hours of the Waste Site are? Tipping fees and recyclables? Wondering about the garbage pick-up schedule for the northern portion of the Township? Check out this page to learn all this and more.
- Click here for information on the Township's accessibility and customer service standards.
This page will provide you with details about the Customer Service Policy By-law, how to give feedback to the Township, as well as the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation Policy.
- Click here to visit the Emergency Planning page.
Learn more about the Township's Emergency Response Plan and how to protect your family in an emergency. Information includes 72 Hour Emergency Kit, planning and evacuation, and how to respond to natural disasters like tornados and severe lightning storms.
- Click here to view the most recent Performance Measures.
The Township of Elizabethtown-Kitley is pleased to provide results of the Performance Measurement Program (MPMP) as required by the provincial government.
Click here to learn more about the Water Quality Reports related to the waterline along County Road 2, geographic Elizabethtown.